Sunday, August 10, 2014

App Happy

Although I haven't been keeping up my end of the bargain over here, and really don't feel too bad about it, I figure I can at least share with you my favorite apps that I have deemed necessary for my every day life. And I'm not going to include the normal cast of characters, like Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.

Seahawks Mobile

As a big Hawks fan, this is something that I peruse at least once a day (more during the season). I can review the schedule, the roster, see current news and updates, stats. And if, God forbid, I'm not near a TV during a game, it is FAIRLY current (within a couple minutes) of what the current score is, passing/rushing yards, possession times, etc for the current game.
The only problem? The opening screen is still a shot of the departed Golden Tate... it rips at my heart a little bit every time I open it and see him wearing that 81 jersey...

Checkout 51
This is a new one to me (and maybe to the world... I dunno). But basically you download the app, set up an account, and then when you buy certain things on the list, you upload a picture of your receipt to the app, and it credits you however much money for the products you bought. 
For instance, some of this week's products are People Magazine ($1.00 back), onions ($.25), vlassic pickets ($.25), Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom or toilet cleaners ($1.00), and hot dog buns ($.25). So basically you can get cash back for things that you already shop for... sure, it's not a lot, but I've become one of those frugal people who gets excited about $.25 or $.50 back... I'm up to $6.60 so far!

Disney Wait Times

Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like... it tells you what the wait time is at different rides and attractions. It's not something that you use everyday, but it was AWESOME when I was in Disneyland a couple years ago, and every once in a while I like to check how long the wait is on things, just to feel close to the magic :) They have one for DisneyLAND and one for DisneyWORLD, and they have different wait times for the different parks (so Magic Kingdom, California Adventure, Epcot, etc).

Any good apps I should be downloading??


 photo 284877b_zps8b820ec3.png

No comments: